Working for Safran Landing Systems in Toronto
Safran Landing Systems' Toronto plant is located in Ajax, Ontario. Our Ajax facility has been manufacturing landing gears for over 60 years from concept to in-service support including design, development, test, manufacture, assembly, sales, marketing and product support.
Our location includes more than 100 engineers whose skills and expertise are unrivalled in the industry. They are people like you, resourceful professionals who form our foundation and take pride in a job well done.
To maintain our position as a technology leader, it is essential that we expand our technical resource with the engineering leaders and technical experts of the future. If you possess a passion for engineering, a relevant engineering qualification, appropriate experience, a global mindset, plus an appreciation of high technology manufacturing and you would like to maximize your potential, we want you. Click here to see our job offers
Let your career take off with Safran Landing Systems and become part of our team today!
As one of the top three largest employers of the Ajax area, Safran Landing Systems offers a wide range of benefits as well as a supportive work environment. Check them out below.
Contact :Safran Landing Systems 574 Monarch Avenue
Ajax, ON, Canada L1S2G8
As a pay-for-performance company, we are growing a high-performance culture that provides monetary rewards for contributions to the business. Our salary structure is competitive within the Aerospace industry including overtime pay for employees.
Our competitive Defined Contribution (DC) pension plan offers the opportunity to build savings for your retirement including a Company matching component. There are also Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) and Tax Free Savings Account (TFSA) options that include low Fund Management fees.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Safran Landing Systems offers a third party, confidential Employee Assistance Program that provides employees and their families access to professional advise/counsel on topics such as substance abuse, legal concerns, depression, debt management, nutrition etc.
Our comprehensive benefit package includes health, dental, prescription drugs, vision care, paramedical benefits and additional flex benefits (staff) with options for Health Spending Account, purchasing additional vacation days or contributions to RRSP. It also provides travel/out of province insurance, employee life insurance and accidental and life insurances available for additional purchase.
We provide a generous vacation entitlement, including paid statutory holidays with the additional paid Christmas holiday closure week - Christmas day until after New Year's Day.
Corporate Incentive Plan
The Company operates an annual Corporate Incentive Plan (CIP) which is payable on achievement of a combination of local and global performance targets.
Company share purchase plan
Opportunity to purchase Company shares on a quarterly basis. Safran Landing Systems will match employee share purchases with a 60% top up (limit of 2,000 Euros/annum).
The Company provides full service cafeteria facilities with healthy food choices which are subsidized by the Company including free coffee, tea and hot chocolate.
The Company provides free parking facilities for all employees. Premium parking is available for car poolers and bicycle racks.
The Company offers a number of other benefits including maternity leave subsidy, fitness club membership discount with payroll deduction option, Employee Recognition/Service Awards, Sports and Social which offers members discounts to popular events.
Hours of work
4.5 day work week (shortened Friday year round) including:
- Flexible hours of work
- Variety of shifts in appropriate areas
Successful applicants may be required to undergo an appropriate level of security check prior to employment.
Safran Landing Systems is a socially responsible company that supports employee contributions to the community:
- sponsorship committee supporting community involvement and charities
- sports & social Club – employee/family events such as golf day, hockey team, skating day, baseball team, etc.
- various company sponsored events - such as summer BBQ
- outdoor patio/deck lunch seating area
Investment in our employees
We provide the opportunity to discover your talents, develop new skills and advance your career in the Company through the following opportunities:
- partnerships with Ontario Universities and Colleges for Co-op, internship, apprenticeship placements and career/job fairs
- internal Promotions
- lean-sigma, management Belt, Black Belt and Green Belt training
- development and international mobility opportunities
- leadership development program
- employee Personal Development Review (PDR)
- Safran Corporate University
- education assistance and job related training programs funded 100%
- in-house training programs
- generous employee referral bonus
Workplace and values
Safran Landing Systems offers a supportive workplace where you can be yourself, your ideas are valued and you can make a difference in the lives of others. As an Equal Opportunity Employer this culture is supported by the following:
- employee lead "Employee's Community Fund" (ECF) with partnerships with many organizations including the United Way as a pace setter company
- innovation contest – rewarding improvements to our business
- business casual dress code and jeans Fridays
- friendly, team-oriented atmosphere that promotes fairness, respect, diversity, integrity and life-long learning
- open communications through newsletters and regular cascade meetings
- code of Ethics and Business Conduct policy
- birthday lunches with the President monthly
- smoke free site (entire property)
- air-conditioned throughout the office and plant facilities
- facility includes change rooms with showers, uniform and personal lockers for plant employees
- business partner with the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) Local Lodge No. 905 representing approximately 30% of our employees
- environmental citizenship - partners with the Smart Commute program and organics program.