Metrology Equipment Technician III
Join the Central Engineering Calibration / Metrology team in Walton Kentucky by leading, managing and performing calibration/metrology requirements of the Carbon Manufacturing and Wheels & Brakes facilities. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- • Contribute to details of calibration instructions and procedure requirements.
- • Management of performing validation of requests for extensions, ordering devices and services per Safran standards including but not limited to the following forms: FORM-SAF-000089, FORM-SAF-000090, FORM-SAF-000117, FORM-SAF-000118 and FORM-SAF-000116.
- • Evaluate vendors technical ability to perform metrology activities per Safran and national standards and lead associated efforts.
- • Analyze, trend and correct all measurement devices/equipment to ensure they are performing correctly, in accordance with regulations, customer expectations and Safran standards.
- • Perform in-house calibrations on measurement and process instrumentation and train others.
- • Report KPI data on a regular basis to all local departments and management with clear objectives for improvement.
- • Support PS3.4 Site Process Focal for risk assessments/management, and reporting KPI data to corporate level. Perform these duties when Site Focal is absent.
- • Lead root cause analyses and complete tasks to prevent anomaly re-occurrences.
- • Lead management of instruments including responsibility for proper information up-dates within the calibration software.
- • Review all Calibration Related work order feedback and update task, job plans and records accordingly.
- • Technical knowledge of all instruments and their application. Including traditional metrology instruments such as calipers, micrometers, scales, etc. and processing instruments such as various types of flow meters, temperature measurement devices, pressure measurement devices, etc. Make recommendations focusing on process stability.
- • Develop and formalize standards for metrology best practices.
- • Recommend and Modify Electrical & Controls Drawings.
- • Perform the Roles and Responsibilities of a Metrology Equipment Technician II when needed (job description available upon request.
- • Participate in budgetary preparation, tracking and analysis.
- • Assist in periodic analysis of cost trends with recommendations for continual improvement.
- • Support Maintenance Department and Engineering with troubleshooting instrumentation, when needed.
- • Manage area to 5S Level 5 Standard
- • Perform other related duties, as required
- • Satisfies the Roles and Responsibilities of Metrology Equipment Technician II.
- • In depth knowledge of technical and process standards and drawings, and technology of process and dimensional devices
- • 3rd Party certification in area of Calibration and/or Metrology
- • Associates Degree Preferred
Candidates for positions with Safran Landing Systems must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status. Safran Landing Systems is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail email@example.com or call: 859-817-2947. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Specificity of the job
Travel is not needed for this position but could be required on a limited bases. There is the potential for travel, estimated at less then 2%.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader of aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 30 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft that operate around 70,000 landings daily.
Wheels and Brakes Plant Maintenance PlannerPublished on 12/14/2019Walton , United States Regular Full time Means and equipment maintenance
Customer Support ManagerPublished on 01/15/2020Walton , United States Regular Full time Customer services and support
Production Maintenance ManagerPublished on 11/11/2019Gloucester , United Kingdom Regular Full time Means and equipment maintenance