Machine Operator - Wheels and Brakes Machining Dept
Employees / Staff
- • Insure a quality product by performing checks and inspections as defined in visual work instructions and SOPs
- • Proper and efficient handling of materials and associated work orders to ensure product traceability
- • Monitor equipment condition and perform basic daily equipment checks and cleaning
- • Adhere to required housekeeping and safety requirements for the manufacturing areas within the facility
- • Execute work processes as defined in visual work instructions and standard operating procedures
- • Load and unload CNC machining center pallets and parts carriers
- • Perform parts measurements and quality checks using digital height gages and calipers; also go / no-go and thread gages
- • Enter work order confirmations in Traceability software
- • Record measurement data in MMS /QC Gage databases
- • Submit and support continuous improvement ideas in order to improve safety, quality, and productivity
- • Ability to identify the downstream customers and understand the needs of the downstream customers
- • Follow all procedures administered by safety, quality, process engineering, and facilities engineering
- • Perform other related duties as required
- • Vocal communication, hearing, and visual acuity are required for safety, direction, and the exchange of ideas in the industrial environment
- • Subjected to inside environmental conditions, noise, vibration, oils and other related industrial hazards
- • Must demonstrate the physical capacity to meet the demands of the "Heavy" Job Placement Assessment (JPA) as administered by St. Elizabeth Business Health Services
- • Wear personal protective gear such as safety glasses / goggles and gloves for a 12 hr period
Candidates for positions with Safran Landing Systems must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status. Safran Landing Systems is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail email@example.com or call: 859-817-2947. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
- • Contributing to Team Success
- • Customer Focus
- • Quality Orientation
- • Applied and Continuous Learning
- • Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
- • Tenacity
- • Work Standards
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. The company works with 30 civil and military aircraft manufacturers and supports 27,800 aircraft that make 73,000 landings a day.
Machine Operator IPublished on 07/14/2021Walton , United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Manual Deburring OperatorPublished on 07/14/2021Walton , United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Carbon Machine OperatorPublished on 07/12/2021Walton , United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair