Hi-Temp Process Engineer
Professional, Engineer & Manager
- • Responsible for the qualification of new part and programs. Interface with internal and external cross-functional teams including program management, design office, materials team and others to ensure proper communication and timely deliverable of the project milestones.
- • Responsible for the qualification of equipment process changes utilizing the DVI-PPAP methodology.
- • Learn, manage, and maintain parts configurations in our internal ERP system.
- • Lead support and training of Safran Landing Systems manufacturing personnel for current and future hi-temp processes.
- • Create and support capacity models for current and future equipment.
- • Responsible for process documentation such standard operating procedures (SOP), work instructions (WIS), Process Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (PFMEA) for the hi-temp workshop.
- • Implementation of statistical process control (SPC) for critical process parameters. This will involve working and training manufacturing personal as necessary.
- • Process and equipment improvements to maximize the production capacity and carbon/carbon part quality.
- • Recommend and implement changes to materials and processes based on results of experimental evaluations.
- • Interface with manufacturing and maintenance personnel regarding operations of hi-temp equipment, including routine operation, emergency procedures, and safety considerations.
- • Work closely with operations to ensure optimal upkeep of furnace internals and proper working condition.
- • Participate and support in an engineering capacity lean manufacturing projects as well as part/material handling improvements
- • Perform other related duties as required
- • Will be exposed to and handle hazardous wastes as defined in 40 CFR 261.3
- • Sit for long periods of time while operating office equipment
- • Work in/near electro-magnetic fields created by high temperature induction furnaces
- • Subjected to inside environmental conditions, noise, vibration, oils and other related industrial hazards
- • Must demonstrate the physical capacity to meet the demands of the "Light" Job Placement Assessment (JPA) as administered by St. Elizabeth Business Health Services
- • Vocal communication, hearing, and visual acuity are required for safety, direction, and the exchange of ideas in the industrial environment
Candidates for positions with Safran Landing Systems must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status. Safran is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
- • Bachelor of Science degree in chemical, materials science, or electrical/mechanical engineering preferred.
- • At least five (5) years' experience in carbon/carbon processing and or induction furnace technology desirable.
- • Experience or training in statistical design of experiments and/or statistical analysis of experimental results.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. The company works with 30 civil and military aircraft manufacturers and supports 27,800 aircraft that make 73,000 landings a day.
Industrial IS EngineerPublished on 05/03/2021Walton , United States Regular Full time Industrial Engineering
Industrial ControllerPublished on 05/06/2021Walton , United States Regular Full time Finance and management
Quality EngineerPublished on 05/03/2021Walton , United States Regular Full time Quality