Carbon Maintenance Technician
Responsibilities of Position:
- • Install, troubleshoot, repair, test, and maintain mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment to include but not limited to: pipefitting, pump rebuilding, basic industrial electrical skills, gear boxes, chains, belts, hydraulic valves, electric, and hydraulic motors, etc.
- • Install, troubleshoot, repair, test, and maintain electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment to include but not limited to: AC & DC circuits, disconnecting devices, relays, pushbuttons, DCS & PLC components, microprocessor systems, conduit, wiring, overload protection devices, gear boxes, chains, belts, hydraulic valves, electric, and hydraulic motors, etc.
- • Make modifications to systems in accordance with engineering guidelines to support production demands
- • Train other maintenance personnel in equipment operation and maintenance techniques
- • Perform preventive and predictive maintenance tasks
- • Improve equipment reliability through improved designs and preventive maintenance techniques
- • Maintain all plant equipment and facilities in accordance with National, State, and Local Codes
- • Perform other related duties as required
Physical/Environmental Scope of Position:
- • work in/near electro-magnetic fields created by high temperature induction furnaces
- • subjected to inside and outside environmental conditions, extreme heat and cold, atmospheric conditions, noise, vibration, oils, and other related industrial hazards
- • work in confined spaces and wear a respirator
- • vocal communication, hearing, and visual acuity are required for safety, direction, and the exchange of ideas in the industrial environment
- • will be exposed to and handle hazardous wastes
- • Must demonstrate the physical capacity to meet the demands of the "Heavy" Job Placement Assessment (JPA) as administered by St. Elizabeth Business Health Services
Required Behavioral Dimensions:
- • Adaptability
- • Continuous Learning
- • Safety Awareness
- • Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
- • Tenacity
- • Work Standards
- • Minimum of three years experience in an industrial environment
- • Experience in using electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics
- • Knowledge of various types of hydraulic, pneumatic, and water pumps, valves, and related systems
- • Additional education, experience, and/or military experience will be considered in the event that an applicant does not meet one or more of the above requirements
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. The company works with 30 civil and military aircraft manufacturers and supports 27,800 aircraft that make 73,000 landings a day.
Automation Maintenance TechnicianPublished on 06/17/2021Walton , United States Regular Full time Means and equipment maintenance
Quality Lab TechnicianPublished on 07/23/2021Walton , United States Regular Full time Quality
Machine Operator - Wheels and Brakes Machining DeptPublished on 07/20/2021Walton , United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair