Automation Engineer / Engineering Specialist
Professional, Engineer & Manager
- - Train maintenance and operations personnel on operation and troubleshooting of control systems
- - High level technical support/troubleshooting for control systems
- - Support/Lead capital projects involving automation
- - Maintain control system hardware and software. Upgrade/replace obsolete systems
- - Update/Develop functional analysis and control system drawings
- - Modify control systems as required for process changes
Detailed in depth working knowledge of the following. Must be able to lead these actions without support.
- - Siemens (Step 7 PLCs, HMIs, TIA Portal, and drives)
- - ABB DCS (AC450 controllers with 800xA)
- - Robot controls (Fanuc, ABB)
- - CNC controls/drives (Fanuc, Mazak/Mazatrol, Okuma/OSP)
- - Allen Bradley (PLCs, HMIs, RSLogix500, RSLogix5000, RSLinx, FactoryTalk View, and drives)
- - SCADA (Wonderware Historian, Wonderware InTouch)
- - Control system networking and communications (Profibus, Profinet, Ethernet, OPC)
- - Visual Basic (used in data collection/processing and control)
- - Basic working knowledge of AutoCAD 2D
Candidates for positions with Safran Landing Systems must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Landing Systems is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 859-817-2947. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Specificity of the job
Regionally and international as needed for projects
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader of aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 30 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft that operate around 70,000 landings daily.
Production Team Lead IPublished on 08/09/2019Walton , United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Fitter R&OPublished on 08/16/2019Ontario, Canada Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Supply Chain Operator IPublished on 08/15/2019Walton , United States Regular Full time Supply chain