Configuration Management Operational Lead H/F
Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Safran Landing Systems is offering the opportunity for the configurational management lead at Vélizy for LGI and be part of the Configuration Management function across the whole of SLS.
This expert role will be based in Vélizy and report to the Global Configuration Management Lead.
- • Deploy the Configuration Management processes required for SLS on LGI projects.
- • Define and manage the Configuration Management documentation implementation plans.
- • Ensure new processes for SLS are consistent with One Safran on LGI programs.
- • Define training requirements for LGI program teams.
- • Regular status reporting on Configuration Management for programs to the Global Configuration Management Lead.
- • Manage the overall change management process within the LGO programs.
- • Report any PDM/PLM challenges/improvement requirements to the Global Configuration Management Process Lead
Detailed responsibilities include:
- • Prepare and maintain Configuration Management processes with programs.
- • Establish and maintain a Configuration Management process within LGI programs.
- • Maintain internal Configuration Management documentation with programs.
- • Monitor effectiveness of Configuration Management processes within the LGI programs.
- • Provide periodic reports on Configuration Management with program with emphasis pn change management.
- • Define Configuration Management process training required in programs.
- • Provide support on Configuration Management process matters for the programs.
- • Coordinate day to day PDM/PLM activities for the LGI programs.
Candidate skills and requirements
- • Knowledge of LGI products
- • Knowledge configuration management operations, procedures and activities.
- • Broad Configuration Management technical knowledge.
- • An understanding of planning activity and risk management principles.
Communication and other skills:
- • Ability to drive Configuration Management Process within the programs.
- • Well-developed communication and interpersonal skill, with the ability to liaise at all levels inside program teams.
- • Technical Leadership abilities.
- • Analytical abilities.
Educational skills and experience
- • Computer literacy
- • Fully fluent in English (and French in Velizy)
- • A minimum of 10 years' experience in aviation fields.
The following would be beneficial to the candidate:
o SLS and One Safran procedures
Specificity of the job
Some travel, as per job requirement, is foreseen (predominantly Europe and North America).
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader of aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 30 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft that operate around 70,000 landings daily.
Gestion de configuration H/FPublished on 02/23/2020Velizy, France Regular Full time Architecture and systems engineering
Ingénieur Vérifications et Tests Equipements et Systèmes H/FPublished on 02/17/2020Velizy, France Regular Full time Architecture and systems engineering
Architecte système de freinage H/FPublished on 02/17/2020Velizy, France Regular Full time Architecture and systems engineering