Business Support Director
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Business Support Director is responsible for the development and execution of the strategy and plan for the quality & HSE function and at the same time providing direction to the functional areas to ensure high-quality, safe and effective products and/or services that are compliant with regulatory expectations.This position will also be appointed as Risk Representative who is responsible for identifying, evaluating, and analyzing risks inherent to the Business & operations.
He/She is also responsible for the Digitial Transformation team (F4F, Lean & IS) to collaborate with all functional areas (direct & indirect) in strategizing, developing and connecting the dots for business transformation and sustainability.
- • Oversee and implement strategic development of the Quality Management Systems to ensure maintenance of Quality Management Standards (External and internal).
- • Oversee and ensure adherence with all regulatory requirements as a responsible person to maintain license to operate as a certified Maintenance Repair Overhaul station.
- • Develop and lead strategically important projects inclusive of technical and commercial conditions.
- • Oversee and implement strategic development of the Health Safety & Environment Management System to ensure compliance with legislation and adherence with Safety Standards (External and internal).
- • Formulate and implement a Risk Management Strategy for the business ensuring that all current and future risks are identified and measures are in place to effectively manage risk and deliver business strategy.
- • Oversee logistics activities ensuring compliance with international customs regulatory requirement are adhered to.
- • Develop and manage a capital expenditure plan to support value stream operations and development of facilities to support business growth.
- • Act as a key interface between Safran Landing Systems and Group pertaining to corporate compliance strategies and activities.
- • Active participation in the development of the business strategy as a Senior Management team member.
- • Lead and manage a team of Quality and HSE professionals to deliver functional tactical plans aligned to business strategy.
- • Drive lean culture and objectives departmentally and business wide.
- • Drive business transformation aligned with organization and corporate strategy/objectives.
- • Drive sustainability in all transformation programs, improvement programs and system driven business process mapping.
- • Any other ad-hoc duties as assigned.
- • Broad business acumen and commercial awareness.
- • Thorough understanding of Quality Management Systems and HS&E Management Systems obtained either through qualification and experience or extensive experience in aerospace industry.
- • Proven track record of delivering projects from concept through to commissioning.
- • Excellent leadership and management skills.
- • Knowledge Lean Sigma principal applications.
- • Degree in Engineering or related disciplines.
- • EASA Form 4 holder.
- • CAAS L11 qualification.
- • CAAS approved personnel.
- • Attended CAAC 145 training.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader of aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 30 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft that operate around 70,000 landings daily.
Quality EngineerPublished on 01/07/2020Gloucester , United Kingdom Regular Full time Quality
ALTERNANT(E) ASSURANCE QUALITE PRODUCTION H/FPublished on 03/24/2020Villeurbanne, France Apprenticeship Quality
STAGE Ingénieur réglementaire aéronautique PART 21 J – Doid Partenaire H/FPublished on 02/25/2020Velizy, France Internship / Student Quality