Reliability & Safety Engineer
Research, design and development
Employees / Staff
- •Participate on concurrent engineering teams to define reliability and safety related landing gear system requirements.
- •Perform reliability and safety analysis, including reliability prediction, failure mode analysis and fault tree analysis, as part of the design and development of fully integrated aircraft landing gear systems including landing gear, hydromechanical/electrical components and electronic control units.
- •Acquire R&S input data from equipment suppliers.
- •Participate in the process of aircraft certification.
- •Perform trade studies to establish preferred systems architecture based on safety, reliability and maintainability.
- •Liaison with customers and suppliers on technical aspects of the program.
- •Conduct/coordinate review of supplier technical documentation.
- •Prepare technical presentation for the customer including coordination of the supplier input
- •Bachelor or Masters degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Electrical, Mechanical, Engineering Physics or Engineering Science)
- •A minimum of 6-10 years of relevant experience.
- •Previous experience and understanding of FAR 25.1309 and SAE ARP 4754A/4761 a definite asset.
- •Previous experience and understanding of RTCA/DO-178b/c a definite asset.
- •Previous experience and understanding in Model-Based Safety Analysis a definite asset.
- •Proficient computer skills including good knowledge of one of the R&S software (CAFTA, RELEX, ITEM or equivalent).
- •Experience with “DOORS” requirements management software is an asset
- •Understanding and ability to apply safety, reliability and maintainability concepts
- •Knowledge of applicable aerospace standards and airworthiness concepts.
- •Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- •Strong verbal and written communication skills
All applicants must meet the following requirements:
Minimum age of 18 years.
Canadian Controlled Goods Regulations (CGR), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances and applicable contractual obligations.
Safran Landing Systems Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. SafranLS TOR is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Accessibility and Accommodation Policy. SafranLS TOR will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to SafranLS TOR in advance. If there are any accommodations required during your visit please make us aware.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for interviews will be notified.
All notifications will be via e-mail, therefore, please ensure address is included, thank-you.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. The company works with 30 civil and military aircraft manufacturers and supports 27,800 aircraft that make 73,000 landings a day.
Mechanical Engineering / Fluid Power SpecialistPublished on 04/15/2021Ontario, Canada Regular Full time Testing
Hydro-Mechanical Systems Engineer (Eng4)Published on 03/08/2021Gloucester , United Kingdom Regular Full time Architecture and systems engineering
Adjoint Responsable de la Sécurité des Systèmes d'Information H/FPublished on 05/09/2021Velizy, France Regular Full time IT