To apply and verify applicable Safran Landing Systems quality processes and procedures in combination with
Transport Canada requirements to ensure timely delivery of aerospace products to both internal and external
- • The ability to inspect materials, products, and work in process for conformance to drawing specifications and manufacturing layouts.
- • To prepare parts for test, (including grit blast, cleaning, ETC), test and measure components/assemblies for functioning, operation, accuracy, to verify specifications.
- • To observe and monitor production operations and equipment to ensure proper assembly of parts, and or assists in testing and monitoring activities.
- • An ability to mark items for acceptance or rejection, records test results and inspection data, and compares findings with specifications to ensure conformance to standards.
- • Be able to read and interpret engineering drawings, manufacturing / assembly layouts, and applicable work travelers
- • To continuously improve and optimize the work processes, methods and tools.
- • To participate in the planning, decision-making, organizing and controlling of his team's activities, within the scope of the team's responsibilities
- •University/College degree or equivalent coupled with 3 years relevant aerospace experience
- •Must have Level 2 CGSB certification
- •Must have NAS 410 Level 2 certification from a recognized aerospace prime in LPI and MPI and be in a position to pass an internal NAS 410 Level 2 examination in the referenced elements.
- •Able to read and interpret applicable NDT Standards and Specifications”
- •Prior experience in Nital Etch processing and inspection
- •Competent in using a wide range of measuring instruments, and test equipment.
- •Competent decision making skills are required.
- •Basic Computer Knowledge is required.
- •Knowledge in shipping and receiving requirements a desired asset.
- •AME license would be considered an asset.
- •The ability to work shifts when required.
- •Knowledge of Special Processes principles
- •Using Special Processes equipment (set-up, installation, tooling)
- •Inspection skills (using the measuring tools and equipment to control the product quality)
- •Knowledge of Quality Assurance documents (Inspection Plans, Non-Conformance Reports, etc).
- •Problem Solving
- •Able to read drawings and layouts (interpreting all the information and tolerances contained in the drawings and identifies the critical areas of parts and operations).
- •Communication Skills
- •Interpersonal Skills (involving working effectively with others, consistent with the company's values)
All applicants must meet the following requirements:
Minimum age of 18 years.
Canadian Controlled Goods Regulations (CGR), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances and applicable contractual obligations.
Safran Landing Systems Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. SafranLS TOR is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Accessibility and Accommodation Policy. SafranLS TOR will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to SafranLS TOR in advance. If there are any accommodations required during your visit please make us aware.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for interviews will be notified.
All notifications will be via e-mail, therefore, please ensure address is included, thank-you.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader of aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 30 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft that operate around 70,000 landings daily.
Fitter R&OPublished on 01/20/2020Ontario, Canada Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Maintenance TechnicianPublished on 12/02/2019Ontario, Canada Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Logistics ManagerPublished on 01/21/2020Ontario, Canada Regular Full time Customer services and support