Mechanical Engineering / Fluid Power Specialist
Research, design and development
Employees / Staff
- • Project Engineer to support the Test Department's Hydraulic Operational Requirements.
- • Lead the problem solving process to provide technical solutions and expert hydraulic support to cross-functional test teams.
- • Provide analysis and design concepts for hydraulic test systems.
- • Design, install, commission and operate mechanical/hydraulic test equipment including PLC programming and automation.
- • Prepare specifications and procure equipment and materials.
- • Create technical reports, operational instructions, maintenance instructions and drawings for new and existing hydraulic test rigs.
- • Develop department operational procedures ensuring compliance with corporate and industry codes, standards and safety requirements.
- • Manage the inventory and life cycle of the Test Department's hydraulic resources and implement equipment maintenance programs.
- • Research and maintain up-to-date Test Engineering Hydraulic knowledge and Industry trends.
- • Lead or participate in various Budgeting, Continuous Improvement and Health, Safety and Environment projects.
- • Bachelor' degree in Mechanical Engineering with Hydraulic specialization.
- • Fluid Power Certification (includes hydraulic, electrical and control systems)
- • Five to Ten years of hydraulic project management and process improvement experience.
- • Experience with Process Automation and AutoCAD (or similar Cad software).
- • Effective leadership skills required including sound and independent judgment
- • Dynamic communication skills with ability to deliver presentations clearly to senior management as well as non-engineer team members.
- • Strong problem identification and resolution skills.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. The company works with 30 civil and military aircraft manufacturers and supports 27,800 aircraft that make 73,000 landings a day.
Reliability & Safety EngineerPublished on 03/29/2021Ontario, Canada Regular Full time Architecture and systems engineering
PMO Analyst (Contract position)Published on 03/29/2021Ontario, Canada Fixed Term contract Programs
Health and Safety StudentPublished on 03/15/2021Ontario, Canada Internship / Student Health & Safety, Environment