Manufacturing Methods Engineer
Professional, Engineer & Manager
- • To decide appropriate production methods, operation by operation from forging/raw material to final bushed sub assembly, decide on appropriate machine tools for each operation, to write manufacturing and sub assembly plans or layouts, to construct 3D stage models for each operation, produce detailed in process dimensioned operation stage drawings and other associated documentation for each operation for major structural high strength steel and aluminum landing gear components.
- • Improve manufacturing processes and methods for cost reduction and quality improvement.
- • Perform root cause and corrective action on non-conformances generated by machining and other processes
- • Work with Design team to evaluate the manufacturability and assembly of the design of a product and recommend for DFMA
- • Provide day to day manufacturing support to all components manufactured in the machine shop and out for sub contract processing at vendors
- • Manage Industrialization Projects of new product introduction from Pilot batches to Full production Ramp up.
- • Provide detailed step by step rework instructions for parts not meeting production quality requirements.
- • Update shop travellers as required to facilitate additional rework operations, alternate work centers and scheduling requirements for special processes.
- • To provide appropriate tooling design guidelines, select and design/purchase appropriate Fixtures and tooling.
- • Provide necessary requirements for CNC & CMM Programming
- • To research and implement new products and technologies to the manufacturing environment to improve manufacturing methods and processes.
- • To advise and support all manufacturing areas.
- • To liaise between Engineering, Estimating, Finance, Manufacturing and Quality.
- • Perform PFMEA on new products and critical Manufacturing processes.
- • Must have minimum five years of experience preferably in Aerospace in the machine shop and Assembly
- • Degree or Diploma in Manufacturing/ Mechanical / Industrial Engineering from a recognized college or university or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- • Must be proficient in CATIA V5 Software and Microsoft office.
- • Experience in ERP system such as SAP is preferred.
- • Excellent understanding of manufacturing principles, process planning, materials and Tool design
- • Must have good knowledge on G D & T
- • Strong Focus on Process Improvement.
- • Project Management Skills
- • Machine Shop experience is a must
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader of aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 30 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft that operate around 70,000 landings daily.
Maintenance TechnicianPublished on 02/10/2020Ontario, Canada Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Safran SLS Suzhou - NDT InspectorPublished on 03/25/2020Suzhou/ 苏州, China Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Opérateur Atelier Textile H/FPublished on 03/12/2020Villeurbanne, France Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair