Manager, Labour Relations, Compensation and Benefits
Performance et support
Description of the mission
As an HR expert this role's primary purpose is to support SafranLS TOR's success by developing & promoting people and labour strategies that encourage a positive & productive culture. This position provides strategic support, specialist advice & subject matter expertise in all matters arising from the Collective Agreement, legislation, policies and workplace issues. It is responsible for the effective management of Labour Relations, compensation, benefits and disability management functions. Leads the development, implementation & administration of compensation & benefits programs, policies & procedures that retain as well as entice new talent.
Effectively operates as the Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) for Customer Services, MRO, Production, Purchasing, Lean Sigma, Compliance, US CS & Production functions. Maintains good communication and positive relationships with employees and managers to promote employee engagement.
- • Directs and oversees SafranLS TOR's labour relations programs, policies and procedures; establishing and maintaining collaborative labour - management relations. Interprets the collective agreement and advises and assists management in the appropriate resolution of Labour Relations related issues, grievance procedures and arbitration
- • Ensure policies, procedures and reporting are in compliance with government regulations
- • Manages compensation functions, including survey participation, job evaluation, salary structure development, incentive plan design, and associated analysis. Designs, develops and implements compensation programs that appropriately reward and recognize performance, remain competitive and conform to the Compensation strategy in line with legislative requirements and SafranLS guidelines
- • Monitors trends affecting pay & benefits and assess/recommend how SafranLS TOR can improve its practices or policies
- • Manages the benefits functions, including life, health, and disability insurance, retirement plans wellness programs and paid time off. Ensures benefits programs remain competitive and conform to current benefits strategy in line with legislative requirement and SafranLS guidelines
- • Selects and chooses outside partners such as benefits vendors and investment managers in conjunction with other Safran Canada entities
- • Oversees the administration of attendance, disability management and WSIB benefits programs
- • Identifies and analyzes issues with labour or employee relations infractions and provides recommendations for resolutions
- • Excellent negotiation skills. Strong ability to work with employees at all levels. Proven ability to work as a team player in a collaborative environment. Advanced excel skills & ability to perform complex data analysis. Grievance, arbitration & mediation/alternative dispute resolution processes. Must be able to manage projects,
- • University degree or equivalent in a related discipline; CHRL or CHRE an asset
- • Minimum of 8 years successful, progressive & senior level Labour Relations experience in a manufacturing unionized environment.
- • Previous experience with compensation/benefits and negotiations/ arbitrations.
- • Expert collective bargaining & labour management negotiations skills, compensation & benefits practices knowledge.
- • Knowledgeable on relevant government legislation (labour law OHS, human rights) and sources of law e.g. arbitration awards.
- • Ability to work through complex business & people challenges.
- • Ability to integrate strategic directions into the people management practices of the functions supported.
Actively be involved in any Health, Safety and Environment initiatives as HS&E is every employee's responsibilities.
The above statements reflect the general items considered necessary to describe principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. Other duties may be assigned as per management instruction.
All applicants must meet the following requirements:
Minimum age of 18 years.
Canadian Controlled Goods Regulations (CGR), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances and applicable contractual obligations.
Safran Landing Systems Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. SafranLS TOR is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Accessibility and Accommodation Policy. SafranLS TOR will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to SafranLS TOR in advance. If there are any accommodations required during your visit please make us aware.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for interviews will be notified.
All notifications will be via e-mail, therefore, please ensure address is included, thank-you.
- • Devises collective bargaining strategies to ensure CA is aligned with SafranLS TOR's strategic directions. Operates as lead negotiator on behalf of the Company
- • Develops and implements appropriate policies and procedures in compliance with government legislation and best practices
- • Guides managers and employees through the performance management and goal setting process
- • Employment Equity & AODA focal and Privacy officer for SafranLS TOR
- • Actively participates on the pension committee and recommends overall pension plan design approaches. Manages the pension plans for SafranLS TOR ensuring appropriate employee and management communications
- • Time & attendance management process lead
- • Ensures appropriate workforce planning, skills mapping, people reviews and other talent management processes for areas of responsibility.
- • Site lead for the PEGI share purchase program
- • Develops and implements a rewards & recognition strategy ensuring the programs are in line with best practices
- • Facilitates training programs & leadership circles on leadership development initiatives.
- • Fosters and promotes a culture of diversity, inclusion and respect in support and alignment with Safran's values.
Entity of attachment
Safran est un groupe international de haute technologie, équipementier de premier rang dans les domaines de l'Aéronautique, de l'Espace de la Défense et de la Sécurité (les activités de Sécurité étant destinées à être cédées). Implanté sur tous les continents, le Groupe emploie 66 500 personnes (y compris la Sécurité) pour un chiffre d'affaires de 15,8 milliards d'euros en 2016 (excluant la Sécurité). Safran est une société cotée sur Euronext Paris et fait partie des indices CAC 40 et Euro Stoxx 50.
Safran est classé dans le Top 100 Global Innovators de Thomson Reuters. Safran est également classé en tête du palmarès « Happy at work », classement réalisé par le site meilleures-entreprises.com, sur le podium des entreprises préférées des jeunes ingénieurs* et dans le classement LinkedIn des entreprises les plus attractives en France.
*enquêtes Universum et Trendence
Safran Landing Systems est le leader mondial des fonctions d'atterrissage et de freinage pour aéronefs. Son expertise couvre le cycle de vie complet de ses produits, depuis la conception et la fabrication jusqu'à la maintenance et la réparation. Safran Landing Systems est partenaire de 30 avionneurs dans les domaines du transport civil, régional et d'affaires et dans le domaine militaire. L'activité de systèmes d'atterrissage de Safran assure le support de 27 000 avions effectuant plus de 54 000 atterrissages chaque jour. Safran Landing Systems compte plus de 7 200 collaborateurs en Europe, Amérique du Nord
Fitter R&OPublished on 02/22/2018Ontario, Canada Regular Full time Manufacturing Engineering / Assembly / Repair
Supplier Quality Specialists/Engineers ( 2 )Published on 02/13/2018Ontario, Canada Regular Full time Supply chain
Special Process Quality Engineering Specialist - ODCPublished on 02/13/2018Ontario, Canada Regular Full time Supply chain