Machine Shop Inspector
Employees / Staff
To apply & verify applicable SLS quality processes & procedures in combination with TC and Customer requirements to ensure timely delivery of Aerospace products to both internal & external customers.
- • The ability to inspect materials and products throughout various processes and identify proper fits, alignments and condition of components using various technical data and a wide range of measuring instruments, inspection test equipment and hydraulic rigs & fixtures.
- • To test and measure components/assemblies for functioning, operation, accuracy, to verify specifications.
- • To observe and monitor production operations and equipment to ensure proper assembly or machining of parts and subsequent testing and monitoring activities.
- • Identify items for acceptance or rejection and document findings with specifications to ensure conformance to standards.
- • Ability to raise and submit NCR including all applicable data when rejection occurs
- • Be able to read and interpret a wide range of approved technical data including Model Based Definition, Engineering drawings and applicable manuals
- • 5 years relevant aerospace experience
- • Competent in using a wide range of measuring instruments, and test equipment.
- • Ability to read & interpret Model Based Definition, Engineering Drawings & applicable manuals.
- • Extensive working knowledge of hydraulic and electrical components.
- • Knowledge of Canadian Aviation Regulations an asset
- • Previous experience as an Authorized Company Representative/Shop Certification Authority an asset.
- • Working application of Co-ordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) would be an asset.
- • Competent decision making skills are required.
- • Basic computer knowledge is required. Ability to use Smart Team is an asset.
- • Knowledge of our QIS would be an asset.
- • The ability to work shifts when required.
- • Good oral and written communication skills.
- • Works well in a team environment.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader of aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 30 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft that operate around 70,000 landings daily.
Ingénieur chef de projet Industrialisation H/FPublished on 09/13/2019Nexon, France Regular Full time Industrial Engineering
Chef de projet industriel Afuté (nouvel atelier d'usinage) H/FPublished on 09/12/2019Villeurbanne, France Regular Full time Industrial Engineering
SPECIALISTE MOYENS D'ESSAIS ASSEMBLAGE H/FPublished on 09/12/2019Oloron Sainte Marie Cedex, France Regular Full time Industrial Engineering