Industrial Digital Systems Analyst
Employees / Staff
The incumbent will participate in all phases of industrial and manufacturing projects at the local and global level and will be responsible for local deployment of these projects. Information Systems SPOC for key digital and innovative initiatives such as Factory for the Future and Digital Hub. This person will actively seek out and research new technologies and will facilitate the business feasibility process through proof of concepts and real life pilots. They will work with the business solutions team to develop new solutions and help industrialize proven new technologies.
- • Developing use-cases for application of proven and new technologies to improve business processes.
- • Responsible for creating and executing localized deployment plans for globally defined digital and industrial technologies.
- • Researching new technologies and educating business partners about the possible benefits.
- • Defining and managing the proof of concept and pilots stages. End goal is to qualify new technologies and help industrialization (mass deploy) these technologies.
- • Act as a IT/IS SPOC for all digital and factory for the future projects for the site.
- • Act as IS representative for local industrial evolution meetings, local projects and become a driver for assisting industrial teams with the implementation of new technologies.
- • Help create a culture of innovation by challenging norms and demonstrating concrete benefits of doing things differently using digital technologies.
- • Create comprehensive documentation to aid building the business case for industrialization of new technologies.
- • Act as a conduit for flow down and implementation of global Safran and Safran Landing Systems digital innovation initiatives.
- • Play an integral part in global information systems development projects by providing analytical support and direction in terms of application solutions related to new technologies.
- • Develop technical specifications, change requests & bug reports to support new applications.
- • Implement/Develop new applications and manage modifications to said applications.
- • Act as technical liaison between SLS and technical support providers for newly adopted technologies.
- • Research/Implement best practices wherever applicable.
A recognized University degree, preferred in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering with minimum 2 years experience.
Agile or Scrum Master certification (desire asset) or equivalent experience.
2+ years of experience which clearly demonstrates a career evolution in the industrial and IT domains.
1+ years of project management experience using industry standard methodologies.
Knowledge of development methodologies (MVC, DevOps, RAD, etc).
Knowledge of IoT, Data Analytics, VR/AR and other technologies coupled with the ability to create strategy for deployment of these technologies for creating business value.
Knowledge of ERP, PLM, MES and SPC systems.
Experience in participating, organizing or leading hackathons to solve business challenges or improve processes.
Experience with industrial automation technologies.
Proven problem solving skills.
Manufacturing, Engineering, Aerospace and/or Automotive Industry experience.
bilingual (English/French) is an asset.
Superior written and verbal communication skills
New graduates will be taken into consideration given that their experience with key projects and work assignments are aligned with the requirements of this position.
The above statements reflect the general items considered necessary to describe principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. Other duties may be assigned as per management instruction.
All applicants must meet the following requirements:
Minimum age of 18 years.
Canadian Controlled Goods Regulations (CGR), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances and applicable contractual obligations.
Safran Landing Systems Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. SafranLS TOR is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Accessibility and Accommodation Policy. SafranLS TOR will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to SafranLS TOR in advance. If there are any accommodations required during your visit please make us aware.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for interviews will be notified.
All notifications will be via e-mail, therefore, please ensure address is included, thank-you.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader of aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 30 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft that operate around 70,000 landings daily.