IS Infrastructure/Digital Analyst
Employees / Staff
The incumbent will be responsible for researching, defining and implementing all aspects of IS infrastructure required to support Local/Global projects or new digital initiatives coming out of Factory for the Future or the Digital Hub. This person will actively seek out and research new technologies, provide effective investigation of servers, infrastructure and provide effective proposals of change for said platforms. They will work with other IS groups to industrialize the proven technology which includes, building servers, building/modifying networks and installing applications to meet the business needs or project specific deliverables. The incumbent will act as the IS Infrastructure technical resource for IS related projects as assigned by IS Management.
Lead IS Infrastructure/Digital projects
- • Responsible for defining and driving the project plan to implement new infrastructure to support a new or existing technology.
- •Responsible for designing and implementing infrastructure needed to deploy new industrial technologies
- •Responsible for creating the infrastructure design proposals and presenting these proposals to the Chief Information Security Officer and Chief Architect to gain approval.
- •As project lead, actively resolving project challenges and roadblocks to drive the project forward.
- • Preparing presentations, training's or hand-over documentation to support the project transition into production.
- • Building physical rack servers.
- • Installing, configuring, maintaining and monitoring Windows 2008/2012/2016 Enterprise servers
- • Creating VMWare servers including build of OS and services for Windows, Linux, SharePoint.
- • Implementing/Configuring new network/Wi-Fi infrastructure (Cisco) to support new initiatives.
- • Researching new technologies and educating business partners about the possible benefits.
- • Act as a IT/IS SPOC for all digital and factory for the future projects for the site.
- • Act as IS representative for local industrial evolution meetings, local projects and become a driver for assisting industrial teams with the implementation of new technologies.
- • Defining and managing the proof of concept and pilots stages. End goal is to qualify new technologies and help industrialization (mass deploy) these technologies.
- • Create comprehensive documentation to aid building the business case for industrialization of new technologies.
- • Diagnosing, troubleshooting, root cause analysis and providing resolution to complex problems of physical servers, networks, wireless or security systems.
- • Work with IS lead to resolve failure of physical servers, network devices and appliances, and recommending improvements to avoid re-occurrence of the same problem.
- • Contribute to the maintenance and administration of data centre hardwares performing changes, support and decommissioning of local physical and VM servers when requested
All skills listed below will be considered an asset, but we are looking for:
- - Excellent problem solving skills.
- - Proven Project Management skills.
- - Experience in various IT/IS disciplines, technologies, and platforms (Infrastructure, Application Development, Networking,firewalls, communication protocols, databases, analytics and mobility).
- - Working knowledge of VMWare, NetApp, Citrix, Palo Alto and various Windows Server Operating systems
- - Excellent communication skills.
- - Innovative mindset and persistence.
- - Decision making skills.
- - Planning and organization
- - Analytical Skills.
- - Customer service and continuous improvement mindset.
- - Technical Writing Skills.
- - Teamwork
- - Ability to concurrently project manage a diverse list of items.
- - Able to collect and translate business requirements.
- - Flexibility, ability to change focus and adopt to changing corporate priorities.
- - Time Management skills.
- - MSCE/MCSA and CCNA certification or working towards it.
- - MCP or MCTS or working towards it.
- - Good working knowledge of Windows 2008/2012/2016.
- - Good working knowledge of networking concepts including an understanding of TCPIP and the OSI networking model.
- - Must be able to meet Services Canada CGR requirement to a NATO level clearance.
- - Agile or Scrum certification or equivalent experience.
Specialized knowledge in networking and computer hardware listed below w
The above statements reflect the general items considered necessary to describe principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. Other duties may be assigned as per management instruction.
All applicants must meet the following requirements:
Minimum age of 18 years.
Canadian Controlled Goods Regulations (CGR), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances and applicable contractual obligations.
Safran Landing Systems Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. SafranLS TOR is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Accessibility and Accommodation Policy. SafranLS TOR will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to SafranLS TOR in advance. If there are any accommodations required during your visit please make us aware.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for interviews will be notified.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader of aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 30 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft that operate around 70,000 landings daily.
Procurement Lead (Supply Chain Management)Published on 03/06/2020Ontario, Canada Regular Full time Supply chain
Assembly Shop Production PlannerPublished on 02/21/2020Ontario, Canada Regular Full time General Services
Commodity Buyer - Special ProcessesPublished on 02/18/2020Ontario, Canada Regular Full time Purchasing