Research, design and development
Employees / Staff
- • Design of landing gear and associated systems using CATIA V5
- • Produce layouts and tolerance analysis with a mindset of design for manufacture/cost.
- • Basic engineering analysis to substantiate initial layouts
- • Responsible for ensuring the design of the equipment meets the applicable specification requirements including FAR and JAR
- • Ability to create MBD of large structural components
- • Create and update documents using Product Data Management (PDM) system
- • Participate in Concurrent Engineering with various company functions including Stress, Dynamics, Systems, Quality, Product Support, Manufacturing, etc.
- • Ensure that lessons learned are applied to new design
- • Ensure that a common design approach is followed using harmonized standards
- • Evaluation and disposition of Non-Conformances against parts and assemblies
- • Support in-service aircraft for production repair, in-service repair, investigations and associated Material Review Board activities
- • Occasionally work offsite for extended periods at customer/partner facilities within or outside of Canada if required.
- • Mechanical or Aerospace engineering degree
- • Minimum 7 years experience in landing gear design and/or integration
- • Familiar with all aspects of design of landing gear ; mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems and components
- • Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing to ASME Y.14.5M-1994
- • Proven ability to create complex tolerance stack-ups and comprehensive design layouts
- • Proven capability in the use of CATIA V5, solid modeling, kinematics and 2D layouts
- • Excellent English written and oral communication and presentation skills
- • Intermediate proficiency with MS Office required
- • Detail and results oriented with a well developed problem solving ability
- • Ability to travel internationally
- • Bilingual (French/English) is an asset
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader of aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 30 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft that operate around 70,000 landings daily.
Product Improvement SpecialistPublished on 01/15/2020Ontario, Canada Regular Full time Architecture and systems engineering
Gestion de configuration H/FPublished on 01/20/2020Velizy, France Regular Full time Architecture and systems engineering
Fitter R&OPublished on 01/20/2020Ontario, Canada Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair