Supplier Quality Engineer
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. As a partner to 30 airframers working in the fields of commercial, regional, business and military transport, the company provides support to 27,000 aircraft completing more than 54,000 landings a day.
As our activity continues to increase globally, our Supply Chain is absolutely key to our success and as such we are offering a unique, challenging and exciting opportunity to join our Supplier Quality team based in Gloucester.
This role will offer you a great opportunity to travel the world and see some of the most advanced, sophisticated and modern manufacturing sites available. You will develop, educate and advance your own network of suppliers, making decisive improvements to Safrans global supply chain.
Reporting to the Supplier Quality Manager, and, working within a team of other Supplier Quality Engineers, your role will be to audit and investigate our global supplier base to identify and develop suppliers in order to improve their stability and performance whilst, resolving reoccurring manufacturing issues.
To achieve this you will need to utilise your engineering problem-solving skills to determine the root cause of the problem and develop robust corrective and preventative actions using industry standard methodology.
You'll ideally come from an Aerospace background, although if you have experience of working within similar industries – oil & gas / automotive then we'd certainly be interested in hearing from you. You will have completed a modern apprenticeship and be educated to HNC calibre, have a sound understanding of machining, have excellent engineering problem solving skills and have experience of working with ultra high tensile steels.
In an ideal world you will have working knowledge of Quality Management System implementation and will be competent in the application of quality standards and procedure and have strong problem solving methods to support the business and supply base as appropriate, however, we would be willing to consider candidates who would like to develop further in this area, what is critical, is the technical understanding of the machining techniques and engineering principles / technical drawings. If you have had any involvement in supplier liaison, this would also be to your advantage.
You are also a strong communicator both verbally and in writing and able to build relationships quickly and effectively.
Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which will include a criminal record check.
Are you interested? We would be delighted to hear from you. Please click apply and submit a CV and we'll be in touch.
Some of your core responsibilities will be;
- • Coordinate, communicate and oversee general technical matters pertaining to suppliers, including understanding and optimizing component / material usage and up skilling suppliers to provide improved materials and services.
- • Develop and execute Supplier Improvement Plans for Constant Care suppliers and supports SIPs for Critical Care suppliers.
- • Provide efficient and effective solutions and Corrective Actions / Preventative Actions (CAPAs) to suppliers and / or site issue resolution, including Deviation Management, response to supplier audit issues, and customer complaints.
- • Work with supplier personnel to make sure root causes are determined and corrective action is taken.
- • Be an active member of the supplier's problem-solving team
- • Work closely with internal manufacturing, you will provide assistance and provide advice on parts transferring externally.
- • Form strong links with our suppliers to ensure seamless product introduction and facilitate transition of parts within the supply base
- • Promote Lean principals and train and develop suppliers in FMEA, Statistical methods and other quality tools in line with our DVI processes.
- • Maintin the DK6000 approved vendor database and other databases as required with the appropriate documented reports. You will also conduct any other duties requested which, are directly associated with the role.
Specificity of the job
There is a large travel element to this role and as such you should hold a full driving licence, and current passport and have a willingness to travel to all continents (sometimes) at short notice.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader of aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 30 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft that operate around 70,000 landings daily.
Procurement ManagerPublished on 08/05/2019Gloucester , United Kingdom Regular Full time Supply chain
Master Data Team ManagerPublished on 05/15/2019Gloucester , United Kingdom Regular Full time Supply chain
S&OP Manager/Demand Planner H/FPublished on 09/21/2019Nexon, France Regular Full time Supply chain