Spares Supply Planner
Program / Customer Relations
Professional, Engineer & Manager
The Customer Support department Spares Supply Chain is responsible for forecasting, supplying and distributing spare parts on a global scale to operators / airlines, MRO and aircraft manufacturers. The delivery performance of spare parts is a key success factor in our business. The efficiency of the supply chain processes ensures performance while minimizing logistics costs and inventory levels.
The Spare Supply Planner is responsible to ensure the availability of spare parts to our customers, in the required quantities, within deadlines requested by the customer, while maintaining the lowest possible level of stock.
Your mission is to:
Manage the supply plan
- • Maintain the ERP logistic parameters for the references of its program portfolio
- • Based on forecasted sales, analyse the supply recommendations and amend them if necessary, with the objective of validating a Supply Plan communicated to supply chain and production
- • Take the necessary actions to balance the supply plan with the spares demand plan (firm and forecast)
- • Manage proactively the risks of shortage, define and monitor the short / medium / long term recovery plans with factories to satisfy customer requirements
- • Manage Supply chain relationship and commitment (monitor and improvement plan)
- • Ensure that the MRP is consistent with respect to requirements, current inventories and objectives
- • Attend Demand Control meetings / Prepare
Optimize inventory levels
- • Miminize excess stock on its porfolio by finding alternatives with key stakeholders (forecasting, production, supply chain, MRO, program, sales, ...)
Drive performance improvements
- • Prepare and present the spare performances of its portfolio during the different review involving logistics spares, and associated action plan
- • Contribute to improve Process relating to spares activities (Demand management, replenishment and supply chain, saleable, ...)
To be successful in the role, you have a good understanding of the MRPII process. APICS CPIM basics certification and knowledge of SAP are a plus. You have an advance level in Excel and the Microsoft Office package. You consider yourself to be a clear and effective communicator and demonstrate excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills. Being analytical and synthetic are necessary for this mission. You have the ability to prioritise and re-prioritise accordingly and consider yourself to be both a problem solver and an ideas person!
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader of aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 30 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft that operate around 70,000 landings daily.
Spares Supply chain Planning and Logistic Project Manager H/FPublished on 10/23/2019Velizy, France Regular Full time Customer services and support
Procurement ManagerPublished on 10/17/2019Gloucester , United Kingdom Regular Full time Supply chain
Engineering Group leaderPublished on 10/17/2019Gloucester , United Kingdom Regular Full time Architecture and systems engineering