Program / Customer Relations
Employees / Staff
The successful candidate will report to the Sales & Marketing Director of Safran landing Systems MRO for Europe, Africa, the Middle-East and India (EAMEI). The role is based in Gloucester on the understanding that extensive travelling within the EAMEI region will be required (30 to 50% of working time).
The successful candidate shall be at ease with dealing with all level of contacts from shop floor mechanics to CEO/CFO/VP of various departments internally and externally.
- • Accounting/Financial Awareness required
- • Aviation Industry understanding and contacts preferred
- • Technical background/exposure an advantage – Landing Gear exposure a key advantage
- • Microsoft Word & Excel proficiency
- • Language Desirable:
- • Strong Negotiations Skills
- • Results driven
- • High communication skills
- • Able to drive multiple projects concurrently (short/long term) and stressful situation
- • Appreciative of other cultures (America, Europe and Asia Pacific exposure)
- • Planner/Completer/Finisher
- • Think out of the box : dare to challenge decisions - whilst accepting to apply them when instructed
- • At ease with speaking up in front of a large audience
- • Team work minded : role involves a lot of travel alone as well as sharing of information/knowledge
- • Ready to travel at short notice across EAMEI and work flexible hours whenever required (including socializing with customers overseas or locally)
- • Achieve company Sales target and forecasting at Local and International levels (role includes selling actively for Asia and Americas too as necessary)
- • Manage a portfolio of existing customers and develop relationship with new ones to expand SAFRAN LANDING SYSTEMS MRO market and products footprint
- • Understand and react to the market need, expectations, competition and pricing in order to succeed with personal objectives as well to support other Sales Team member worldwide
- • Provide support as and when required to help other departments achieve financial targets (Cash collection, Costs reduction, Innovation) or resolve major issues with Customers, if any
- • Be the voice of the customer within SAFRAN LANDING SYSTEMS MRO organisation as well as the flag carrier of the company to Airlines, Air framers and MROs.
- • Comply with Safran Group and SAFRAN LANDING SYSTEMS MRO processes, rules and code of conduct
- • Seek, identify and capture profitable landing Gear & component business for the MRO Division network.
- • Negotiate with customers' contract terms that will govern long term business, supported by in house legal counsel.
- • Manage the landing gear / component intake forecast for the designated sales territory and for the region providing accurate and timely updates to SAFRAN LANDING SYSTEMS detailing any changes.
- • Develop and present business cases to gain approval to pursue major contracts and/or new product/market opportunities.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader of aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 30 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft that operate around 70,000 landings daily.
Procurement ManagerPublished on 10/17/2019Gloucester , United Kingdom Regular Full time Supply chain
Engineering Group leaderPublished on 10/17/2019Gloucester , United Kingdom Regular Full time Architecture and systems engineering
Supplier Performance LeaderPublished on 10/11/2019Gloucester , United Kingdom Regular Full time Supply chain