Professional, Engineer & Manager
The prime focus of the role is to provide Quality Assurance support to the development activity and industrialisation of a new programme. Once in series production the successful candidate will be the programme Quality representative for the production site in Gloucester.
For the first 18 months the successful candidate will be an integral part of the development activity, providing expert guidance in the use and application of APQP and NPI methodologies such as DFMEAs, PFMEAs and Control Plans. As the programme team is based in Paris, extensive travel between Gloucester and Paris will be necessary. Once in series production, the role will transition permanently to Gloucester where the focus will be on providing liaison between the programme and the production teams.
The role will have a matrix reporting structure. You will report to the Programme Head of Quality and the Gloucester Quality Director. As the site Programme Quality focal you will have regular customer communication and a key aspect of the role is working together with the customer and programme on mutually beneficial improvement activities. More specifically you will:-
- • Translate customer requirements into Quality Plans.
- • Support DFMEA and PFMEA activities across the programme.
- • Develop and maintain the Part v Process Matrix.
- • Prepare and lead customer assessments/audits.
- • Contribute to and participate in development reviews both internally and with the customer.
- • Prepare and deliver First Delivery Reports in line with customer expectation.
- • Contribute to and lead, as necessary, company or customer quality improvement activities.
- • Drive improvement plans and coach other functions as needed.
- • Liaise and work with other group production sites internationally
You will possess the following skills:-
- • Previous Programme Quality or similar customer facing experience on significant aerospace or automotive projects with a proven track record of success.
- • Experience of and working in an AS EN 9100/TS16949 organisation.
- • Thorough understanding of APQP tools and methodology including DFMEAs, PFMEAs and Control Plans. Preferably Lean Sigma and DFSS.
- • The ability to build a working group, managing change and facilitating projects.
- • Good commercial awareness.
- • French speaking will be advantageous.
- • Innovative, creative and able to act pragmatically.
- • A team player who can develop strong relationships with individuals at all levels within the organisational.
- • A good communicator, flexible and adaptive in approach to meet the needs of the situation.
- • Comfortable analysing data and transforming it into management information, reports and presentations.
- ‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which will include a criminal record check'
Specificity of the job
First 18 Months will be based between Gloucester and Velizy.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader of aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 30 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft that operate around 70,000 landings daily.
Quality EngineerPublished on 07/18/2019Gloucester , United Kingdom Regular Full time Quality
Ingénieur Assurance Qualité Fournisseurs H/FPublished on 08/17/2019Molsheim, France Regular Full time Quality
Ingénieur Assurance Qualité Fournisseurs Moulés et Forgés H/FPublished on 08/15/2019Molsheim, France Regular Full time Quality