Purchasing Administrator (Maternity Cover 9-12 months)
Program / Customer Relations
The core function of the role is to administer and coordinate the procurement of spares and internal sub-contract offload activity to support the Airbus Landing Gear overhaul programme.
In addition there is a requirement to support, administer and keep up-to-date the A320 Family Landing Gear rotable plan, ensuring optimum utilisation of MRO Group rotables in line with Safran Landing Systems Services strategy.
- • Review Demand Plan on a monthly basis and ensure any changes are reflected in the Rotable Plan and Master Production Schedule (MPS).
- • Provide information and regular updates to internal stakeholders (Finance, Customer Services and Production) on rotables, spares shortages and status reports.
- • Ensure all landing gear sub-contract offload is identified in-line with Safran Landing Systems Services strategy and act as the focal point for co-ordinating and administering all offload activity.
- • Ensure direct material inventory accuracy and weekly cycle counting is respected versus the agreed schedule. Reporting on follow-up of major variances to find root cause.
- • Set-up internal repair make orders and maintain raw materials stock.
- • Prepare and issue purchase orders to key suppliers in accordance with set schedule and rules.
- • Prepare month-end KPI reports and monitor supplier performance (OTIF).
- • Effective communication skills across all levels
- • Confident in dealing with different stakeholders across the business
- • Effective organisational skills
- • A flexible approach with the ability to handle several tasks at the same time
- • Self-motivated with a proactive working style
- • Knowledge of Microsoft Applications in particular – Power Point, Word, Excel
- • A minimum 2 years' experience in a similar role or recent graduate.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader of aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 30 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft that operate around 70,000 landings daily.
Commercial Support Administrator (9-12 months maternity cover)Published on 08/05/2019Gloucester , United Kingdom Fixed Term contract Customer services and support
Spares Supply PlannerPublished on 07/25/2019Gloucester , United Kingdom Regular Full time Customer services and support
Communications VIE / InternPublished on 08/15/2019Gloucester , United Kingdom VIE Communications