Performance and Dynamics Engineer
Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Applications are invited for the position of Performance and Dynamics Engineer.
You will perform this challenging and varied role and as part of a team of performance and dynamic engineers. You will be responsible for conducting performance and dynamic analysis for mechanical, hydraulic and occasionally basic electrical systems (aircraft, landing gear, extension/retraction and steering). You will also support requirements definition and validation, verification test activities and assist with the development of methods and tools.
- • Build computational models and run simulations.
- • Calculate static and dynamic loads.
- • Conduct performance and frequency response analyses.
- • Conduct stability, shimmy and modal analyses.
- • Conduct failure case analyses.
- • Correlate and validate computational models.
- • Write and validate performance and dynamics requirements.
- • Define and document simulation cases and pass/fail criteria.
- • Optimise design solutions in conjunction with other engineering disciplines.
- • Define test requirements and analyse and interpret test results.
- • Generate strategies and plans for the performance and dynamics activities on a given programme.
- • Ensure the application of processes, methods and lessons learned.
- • Adhere to the programme schedules.
- • Ability to write technical reports clearly and accurately.
- • Knowledge of landing gear systems.
- • Experience of dynamic analysis and computational modelling and simulation.
- • Experience of model correlation and validation.
- • In-depth knowledge of mechanical engineering and hydraulics.
- • Basic knowledge of systems and electrical engineering.
- • Proven track record of successful project leadership without appreciable direction, be self-motivated and able to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- • Experience of using MATLAB/Simulink, MSC ADAMS, MSC EASY5 and AMESim.
- • Knowledge of validation and verification processes, methods and techniques.
- • Ability to write requirements and use DOORS.
- • Knowledge of airworthiness requirements and certification.
- ‘Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which will include a criminal record check'
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader of aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 30 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft that operate around 70,000 landings daily.
HR Business PartnerPublished on 02/19/2020Gloucester , United Kingdom Regular Full time Human Resources
Configuration Management Operational Lead H/FPublished on 02/18/2020Velizy, France Regular Full time Architecture and systems engineering
Gestion de configuration H/FPublished on 02/17/2020Velizy, France Regular Full time Architecture and systems engineering