Manufacturing Engineering Team Leader
Professional, Engineer & Manager
The primary responsibility of this role will be to lead a group of manufacturing engineers and manage load and capacity effectively.
Key aspects of this job include the following:
- • Functional leadership of the team, including recruitment, team development, skill set improvement, and mentoring
- • Plan and manage external parties for sub-contracting activities in line with budget and team capacity
- • Drive improvement projects from manufacturing data, working as a team with Production Management, Quality and Maintenance to continually improve processes
- • Employ applicable technology changes/advances and best practises within the manufacturing processes
- • Encourage, support and be accountable for initiatives to improve Quality, Cost, Delivery, Health Safety and Environmental performance
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Experience of managing a team
Proven track record of Process Improvement, cost reduction and problem solving through a team
Six Sigma and Lean Implementation
Project management experience
Be innovative, creative and interested in new technologies
Have strong organisational and communication skills to various levels in the business
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader of aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 30 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft that operate around 70,000 landings daily.
Senior Manufacturing EngineerPublished on 09/30/2019Gloucester , United Kingdom Regular Full time Industrial Engineering
Procurement ManagerPublished on 10/17/2019Gloucester , United Kingdom Regular Full time Supply chain
Engineering Group leaderPublished on 10/17/2019Gloucester , United Kingdom Regular Full time Architecture and systems engineering