Manufacturing Engineering production acceptance test engineer
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Safran Landing Systems OEM site in Gloucester has a number of automated production test benches within the assembly area and is looking to develop its capabilities. These equipment require continuous support due to their criticality and we require internal knowledge to create, modify programs in order to maintain test procedures in line with our product evolution and new product introduction. The knowledge in this field is also critical for defining new equipment specification in line with our production and Health & Safety improvements needs.
As new equipment enters in the production phase, the business needs to ensure that the equipment is fully supported to maximize rig availability and achieve industrial robustness.
This leads to an exciting new opportunity within our assembly organization.
Key responsibilities for the role:
- • Develop automated test benches specification
- • Maintain programs for all automated test equipment
- • Focal point for assembly operators
- • Interface with suppliers of machine during equipment definition, manufacture, test and the warranty periods
- • Establish, implement and support a clear TPM schedule for all automated test equipment
- • Conduct rig diagnostic and apply root cause analysis technique such as 5Y and 8D
- - Fluent in Labview programming
- - Experience operating in a manufacturing environment
- - HND level qualification or equivalent in an operations or business discipline
- - Knowledge of hydraulic, electrical and mechanical engineering
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader of aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 30 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft that operate around 70,000 landings daily.
Manufacturing Engineering ManagerPublished on 03/05/2020Gloucester , United Kingdom Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
MachinistPublished on 03/04/2020Gloucester , United Kingdom Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Performance and Dynamics EngineerPublished on 03/03/2020Gloucester , United Kingdom Regular Full time Architecture and systems engineering