Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Reporting directly to the VP Manufacturing, this role carries responsibility for the leadership and development of the Manufacturing Engineering function. Leading a team of experienced engineers to deliver high levels of performance to the business.
As Manufacturing Engineering Manager you will be responsible for the overall performance, development and maintenance of manufacturing technical resources and capability (equipment, environment and personnel).
You will have the vision and creativity to drive efficiency improvements across the business whilst ensuring delivery and quality results are maintained/ improved.
You will ensure a strong working relationship with your colleagues and customers, both internally and externally to the business whilst simultaneously ensuring that longer term manufacturing goals are achieved.
This will include responsibility for:
- • Support the design, manufacture & test for existing and new products
- • Generation and delivery of cost reduction projects
- • All aspects of the Manufacturing Engineering Function relating to the introduction, manufacture and ongoing support of Products
- • Manage the team to drive improvements in efficiency
- • Development of Lean manufacturing principles
- • Review, evaluate and implement engineering changes
- • Co-ordination of Gloucester Manufacturing Engineering activities in relation to Safran Group initiatives and cross collaboration, including sister sites in France, China, Canada and Mexico
- • Implementing technology for the future
- • Able to demonstrate a desire and ability to deliver change
- • Able to plan work and delegate to team members effectively
- • Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- • Have the ability to be a project leader who can control and delegate many different tasks in a cross functional team
- • Be an assertive Manager who will work to motivate others to provide multi-departmental support.
- • Awareness of business metrics and what levers impact these results
- • Have the ability to motivate, inspire and galvanise a team
- • Have the drive to improve overall performance
- • Facilitating change through coaching, mentoring and leadership to ensure that a world-class facility is achieved and maintained
- • Have a tenacious and dynamic personality
- • Good problem solving skills
- • Ability to manage through periods of uncertainty, bringing clarity and direction to achieve results
- • Experience in manufacturing environments including working within processes and procedures.
- • Experience of working with manufacturing electronic systems including data collection systems and processes to react to the data
- • Degree level or equivalent
- • At least 7 years experience in a manufacturing/production environment
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader of aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 30 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft that operate around 70,000 landings daily.
MachinistPublished on 03/04/2020Gloucester , United Kingdom Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Plater X2Published on 02/27/2020Gloucester , United Kingdom Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
MachinistPublished on 02/27/2020Gloucester , United Kingdom Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair