Employees / Staff
To inspect and sentence a wide variety of aircraft landing gear components to return them to a serviceable condition with the minimal repairs necessary in accordance with the approved maintenance data.
- • Visual inspection of components for acceptance or identify defects to the manufacturer's original design
- • Analyse complex aircraft back to birth history to ascertain full traceability, acceptance and correct lifing of parts
- • Follow component maintenance manuals, drawings, engineering layout information and additions to the original design such as Service Bulletins, Service Letters and Airworthiness directives
- • Create and compose detailed sequence of processes and engineering method statements for repairs of complex components along with the compilation of appropriate quality assurance documentation
- • Ability to use a wide and varied range of precision measuring equipment
- • An Engineering Apprenticeship or equivalent ideally gained in the aerospace sector
- • Individuals with a background in working with aircraft components
- • Confident communicator, amongst team members and with other business areas
- • IT literate and able to learn new systems with ease
- • Sound mathematical skills and a good problem solver
- • Flexible in approach, willing to take on new responsibilities and you will have a “can do” attitude
- • An understanding of Lean Sigma disciplines and 5s principles
- • Involvement in continuous improvement activities to reduce shop processing times and manufacturing hours
BENEFITS: 5 week holiday entitlement
4.5 day working week (role dependant)
Option to buy and sell annual leave
Company sick pay
Free car park
On site catering facilities
Cycle to work scheme
Employee assistance programme
Policy deployment targets.
Average hours by product type.
Continuous improvement ideas.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader of aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 30 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft that operate around 70,000 landings daily.
Fitter R&OPublished on 08/16/2019Ontario, Canada Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Opérateur Traitements de Surface H/FPublished on 08/14/2019Molsheim Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Opérateur Traitements des matériaux H/FPublished on 08/14/2019Molsheim, France Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair