Hydro-Mechanical Systems Engineer (Eng4)
Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Safran Landing Systems in Gloucester is offering the challenging, but exciting opportunity for a Hydro-Mechanical Systems Engineer.
You will specialise in the development and certification of hydraulic equipment and systems. You will work to ensure that all requirements are properly defined, validated, verified and flowed down to internal and external suppliers. You will also apply your expertise to develop new actuation technologies and lead in-service investigations/design improvements.
Key aspects of this job include the following:
- • Leading the development of hydraulic equipment such as actuators and hydraulic dressings.
- • Participating in the architecting and integration of hydraulic systems such as landing gear extension/retraction systems.
- • Liaising with customers to ensure all requirements are properly defined.
- • Generation of System Requirements Definitions, Equipment Requirements Definitions, Validation Matrices, Verification Matrices etc.
- • Overseeing development testing and qualification testing programmes.
- • Technical management of equipment suppliers, including investigation of test failures.
- • Ability and willingness to communicate and work with all disciplines of engineering and external suppliers.
- • Disposition of production concessions and sign-off of technical documentation; Safran Landing Systems holds EASA Design Organisation Approval and as such you will be required to become an airworthiness signatory for hydraulics.
- • The opportunity exists to become part of the Safran Landing Systems hydraulics expert network. This will require technical support to design reviews, primarily in Europe but occasionally in North America, as an independent hydraulics expert, trouble shooting and solving in-service issues relating to European hydraulic equipment suppliers and representing Safran Landing systems at conferences and seminars
- • Travel specificity: Some travel may be required.
- • An in-depth knowledge of hydraulic systems and equipment design and qualification
- • You will need to have previous experience of landing gear systems or similar hydro-mechanical systems
- • An understanding of design principles.
- • Experience in applying ARP4754 and ARP4761.
- • You will also have knowledge of the principles of mechanical engineering
- • You will need a sound knowledge of systems engineering theory, together with knowledge of the principles of safety and reliability.
- • You also will have the ability to write technical reports clearly and accurately (in English).
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. The company works with 30 civil and military aircraft manufacturers and supports 27,800 aircraft that make 73,000 landings a day.
Reliability & Safety EngineerPublished on 05/04/2021Ontario, Canada Regular Full time Architecture and systems engineering
Logistics SupportPublished on 04/23/2021Gloucester , United Kingdom Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Bushing MachinistPublished on 03/31/2021Gloucester , United Kingdom Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair