Electrical Maintenance Technician
Mission: To provide efficient and effective electrical maintenance support on all Process & Assembly plant & equipment. This will be achieved by regular Planned Maintenance programmes and responding to unplanned maintenance requests.
- • To install, maintain and test electrical equipment and appliances to the required safety standards.
- • To carry out diagnostic repairs and planned maintenance tasks to plant, equipment and electrical systems to ensure their continued efficient operation.
- • To identify faults and administer repairs to faulty electrical plant and equipment.
- • To provide technical assistance to all maintenance staff and engineers engaged in research, development, design and application.
- • Enthusiastically support the CMMS system.
- • To be committed to the provision of a high quality service.
- • To comply with all Health & Safety and security procedures and guidelines including COSHH
- • Identify areas for improvement and participating in continuous improvement activities.
- • Liaising with manufacturer maintenance sub-contractors.
- • Undertake and support some mechanical maintenance activities.
- • Experience with Assembly plant & Equipment.
- • Ability to read, follow and modify electrical schematic drawings.
- • To adhere to Safran company procedure and policies.
- • Use of technical knowledge by applying proven techniques to install and repair electrical systems.
- • Experience of health and safety standards to include COSHH, DSEAR, Lock off & Isolation.
- • Use a variety of hand tools & equipment effectively.
- • Excellent numeracy and computer skills.
- • Ability to work on own initiative and with minimal supervision
- • Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- • Problem-solving
- • Team Work
- • Customer service skills
- • Self-motivated
- • Interpersonal skills
- • Time served Electrical Modern Apprenticeship
- • Previous experience of working within a manufacturing environment.
- • Must be computer literate
- • 17th (or 18th) edition of the IEE Regulations
- • PLC experience would be advantageous
This is a physically demanding role in which the post holder is required to work in confined spaces and at height (Steps & Ladders/MEWPs).
Offers of employment will be subject to a relevant level of company security vetting, which will include a criminal record check.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader of aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 30 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft that operate around 70,000 landings daily.
Production Maintenance ManagerPublished on 11/11/2019Gloucester , United Kingdom Regular Full time Means and equipment maintenance
Supplier Performance LeaderPublished on 01/16/2020Gloucester , United Kingdom Regular Full time Supply chain
Product Support EngineerPublished on 01/16/2020Gloucester , United Kingdom Regular Full time Customer services and support