Degree Apprentice - Engineer
Working at Safran means being part of something bigger. An enterprise that is shaping our future, a community of people who are passionate about their professions. An environment where we share the same values and goals to meet tomorrow's technological, environmental and social challenges.
Safran Landing system are offering a challenging and exciting opportunity of a Degree Apprenticeship programme within our Engineering department based in Gloucester.
As an Aerospace Engineer you will focus on all aspects related to the full lifecycle of systems and products and experience all Engineering departments at Safran Landing systems.
- • Be involved in design, develop, specify, analyse, test, validate and modify design solutions to satisfy Customer requirements and In-Service Operations.
- • Comply with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements.
- • Use and interpret engineering data and documentation such as engineering drawings, reports and computer generated models.
During you apprenticeship you will gain a good understanding of:
- • the applicable regulatory and quality requirements as the systems and products mature through their development, qualification and In-Service phases
- • the engineering process & practices covering: mechanical/electrical/electronic/systems, design and stress analysis eg computer aided engineering techniques, systems design, integration & test, in-service and through product life support, advanced manufacturing, aerospace quality and governance
- • analytical methods (engineering mathematics – algebra, differentiation, function, geometry, trigonometry, statistics)
- • aeronautical sciences – stress, strain, static and dynamic systems, motion, force, electrical power and resistance, mass and weight
- • material sciences – selection and application, structures, properties and analytical testing
You will have a keen interest in science, engineering and aerospace plus be able to demonstrate a methodical and thorough approach to work.
We are looking for motivated and hard-working individuals with excellent planning and organisational skills. The role of apprentice will require you to be a confident communicator with strong interpersonal skills and excellent problem solving abilities. The ability to effectively work as part of a team and on your own will be the key to your success.
Successful candidates will need to have achieved, or expect to achieve at least 3 A-levels including Maths, one Science or technology and have achieved at least 5 GCSE'S at grede 4 or above to include Maths, English, Science and technology.
The programme follows a structured level 6 apprenticeship including a BEng hons Aerospace Engineering degree.
This qualification is based on national occupational standards requiring you to demonstrate both engineering skills and knowledge, with the ability to organise work and identify and prevent problems.
Year 1: You will be in full time education at a college where the relevant qualification units will be delivered and assessed. As part of your apprenticeship you will achieve:
- • Level 2 Diploma in Aerospace and Aviation (Foundation Competence)
- • Level 4 Diploma in Engineering and Advanced Manufacturing (Development Competence)
- • Level 6 Bachelor Honours Degree (BEng)
Year 2-5: You will be working onsite with Safran, where specific training relating to the business will be fully provided. You will continue day release at University to complete your degree.
All of the above will provide you with many skills and requirements to become a Chartered Engineer.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader of aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 30 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft that operate around 70,000 landings daily.
Apprentice - Customer Support EngineerPublished on 01/30/2020Gloucester , United Kingdom Apprenticeship Human Resources
Multi-Skilled manufacturing Operative ApprenticePublished on 01/30/2020Gloucester , United Kingdom Apprenticeship Human Resources
Degree apprentice - Manufacturing EngineerPublished on 01/30/2020Gloucester , United Kingdom Apprenticeship Human Resources