Employees / Staff
- • Main responsibilities are to be able to assemble and test Airbus Single Aisle family nose and forestay, and main gears and sidestays, and with quality being at a high level.
- • Self-motivated.
- • Continuous improvement on improving the quality and efficiency of both the assembly and test of the units.
KEY MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE
- • Productivity in line with policy deployment targets set.
- • Average hours achieved as per policy deployment targets set.
- • Skillset – to be fully conversant with complete product range, within agreed timeline
- • Engineering Apprenticeship or equivalent ideally gained within Aerospace or Automotive
- • Knowledge of working with and assembling aircraft Landing Gears
- • Experience in reading component maintenance manuals, drawings, engineering layouts and additions to the original design such as Service Bulletins, Service Letters and Airworthiness Directives
- • Ability to build and test complex Landing Gear sub-assemblies and Landing gears complete
- • Ability to use a wide range of precision measuring and test equipment
- • Have an understanding of basic electrical circuitry for fitment and test of harness/switches etc
- • Responsibility and confidence to sign and stamp off own work for safe release back into flight service in line with all relevant build documentation
- • Strong computer skills
- • Strong mathematical skills
- • Articulate with a high level of dexterity, integrity and excellent team working ethics
- • A self-starter and ability to self-manage and work with initiative in a conscientious manner
- • Good problem solving skills, not easily flustered
- • Flexible and committed approach
- • Motivated to develop skill set and take on-board new skills constantly
- • An understanding of Lean Sigma disciplines and 5s principles
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. The company works with 30 civil and military aircraft manufacturers and supports 27,800 aircraft that make 73,000 landings a day.
Bushing MachinistPublished on 03/31/2021Gloucester , United Kingdom Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
MachinistPublished on 03/29/2021Gloucester , United Kingdom Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Strip OperativePublished on 03/29/2021Gloucester , United Kingdom Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair