Employees / Staff
To be able to assemble and test A320 single aisle family landing gears. Be part of a team to complete the required quantity of shipsets per week to meet our customer's expectations. Deliver a product in line with quality, cost, and delivery.
- • Main responsibilities are to be able to assemble and test Airbus Single Aisle family nose and forestay, and main gears and sidestays, and with quality being at a high level.
- • Self-motivated.
- • Continuous improvement on improving the quality and efficiency of both the assembly and test of the units.
- • Productivity in line with policy deployment targets set.
- • Average hours achieved as per policy deployment targets set.
- • Skillset – to be fully conversant with complete product range, within agreed timeline.
- • Engineering Apprenticeship or equivalent ideally gained within Aerospace or Automotive
- • Knowledge of working with and assembling aircraft Landing Gears
- • Experience in reading component maintenance manuals, drawings, engineering layouts and additions to the original design such as Service Bulletins, Service Letters and Airworthiness Directives
- • Ability to build and test complex Landing Gear sub-assemblies and Landing gears complete
- • Ability to use a wide range of precision measuring and test equipment
- • Have an understanding of basic electrical circuitry for fitment and test of harness/switches etc
- • Responsibility and confidence to sign and stamp off own work for safe release back into flight service in line with all relevant build documentation
- • Strong computer skills
- • Strong mathematical skills
- • Articulate with a high level of dexterity, integrity and excellent team working ethics
- • A self-starter and ability to self-manage and work with initiative in a conscientious manner
- • Good problem solving skills, not easily flustered
- • Flexible and committed approach
- • Motivated to develop skill set and take on-board new skills constantly
- • An understanding of Lean Sigma disciplines and 5s principles
5 week holiday entitlement
4.5 day working week (role dependant)
Option to buy and sell annual leave
Company sick pay
Free car park
On site catering facilities
Cycle to work scheme
Employee assistance programme
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader of aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 30 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft that operate around 70,000 landings daily.
MachinistPublished on 11/19/2019Gloucester , United Kingdom Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Process EngineerPublished on 11/18/2019Gloucester , United Kingdom Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
MachinistPublished on 11/15/2019Gloucester , United Kingdom Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair