Assembly and Test Team Leader
Ensuring the flow of work through the DC, Assembly and Test with a ‘hands-on' approach. Reporting to the Planning & Assembly Manager, to deliver the plan with maximum utilisation of plant and resources and in line with Lean principles to ensure customer satisfaction.
- • Act as the shop floor management focal for all Airbus LLG areas when on shift
- • To be accountable for and to elect and manage dedicated focals in their area of responsibility to control key processes, including but not limited to 5s, Calibration, Maintenance, Health & Safety, Working Environment, Tooling and GPI's
- • Ensure that works procedures are adhered to at all times
- • To take accountability for lean sigma initiatives including process mapping, kaizen events, 5s activity etc
- • To eliminate rejects and quality escapes through effective coordination of lean sigma tools application
- • To ensure an effective cascade of policy deployment initiatives and information share
- • Effective control of WIP levels, Inventory (including stock accuracy via cycle counting) rotable piece parts, sub-con processes and SPT reduction.
- • Reduction in operating costs and the enhancement of standardised best practice
- • Champion adherence to the Airworthiness regulations and ensure compliance via robust and accurate works procedures
- • Adherence to and delivery of the Airbus LLG programmed activity
- • To ensure effective management of reports and wider resource pool in areas such as performance, conduct, absence, wellbeing, annual leave management, overtime etc
- • Effective management of the training skills matrix through rigorous adherence to PDR schedules
- • Optimise labour to meet demand whilst utilising cost efficient shift patterns
- • Mechanical engineering background is preferred but not essential
- • Minimum 5 years' experience of leading a team
- • A working knowledge of lean principles, to Green Belt level, and how to deploy these effectively to leverage continuous improvement within a defined area of control
- • The ability to adopt an efficient 'hands-on' approach as appropriate
- • Familiarity of 8D and QRQC tools would be advantageous
- • Comprehensive job knowledge associated to relevant methodologies or best practices & compliance requirements
- • Ability to portray full endorsement of business goals and objectives
- • Capable of interpreting KPI's and developing appropriate actions
- • A flexible approach with ability to adapt to different working environments
- • A keenly developed sense of right first time attitude towards quality
- • Effective people development, leadership, coaching and team development skills
- • High levels of ‘change energy' & demonstrated motivation towards change implementation
- • Strong and effective delegation skills
- • Effective communication and relationship building skills throughout all levels of the business
- • Good listening and interpersonal skills
- • Time management is key to this role in conjunction with excellent organisation skills
- • Self-motivated with a proactive working style
- • Good knowledge of Microsoft applications, in particular Power Point, Word, Excel.
Key Measures of Performance:
- • On time delivery of plan
- • Control and management of productivity and hours in line with Policy Deployment targets
- • Maintaining costs in area of responsibility within the MRO business plan & Policy Deployment
- • Optimised Working Capital – stock, rotable components, WIP
- • Overall Equipment Effectiveness – efficiency, utilisation & maintenance
- • Employee performance & satisfaction
- • Quality as defined by standards for: delivered product, delivered paperwork/reports & internal process controls
- • Daily participation in QRQC to insure effective cascade of information to all relevant stakeholders
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader of aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 30 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft that operate around 70,000 landings daily.
MachinistPublished on 11/19/2019Gloucester , United Kingdom Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Process EngineerPublished on 11/18/2019Gloucester , United Kingdom Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
MachinistPublished on 11/15/2019Gloucester , United Kingdom Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair