Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Company capabilities encompass the full life cycle of our products, ranging from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul. Safran Landing Systems is a partner to 30 leading commercial, military, business and regional airframers, and supports more than 27,000 aircraft making over 60,000 landings every day. The company employs more than 7,600 staff working in locations across Europe, North America and Asia.
- World leader in the design, manufacture and support of landing gear, partnering with more than 30 airframers and 900 customers.
- Systems integration, and systems equipment, including landing systems, steering, braking and monitoring systems (brakes, wheels, landing gear) as well as electric taxiing system, equipping more than 19,000 civil aircraft;
- World leader in carbon brakes, equipping more than 9,000 aircraft in service, and holding more than 54% of market share in this segment;
- World leader in landing gear and system MRO, backed by a network of 7 repair stations, servicing more than 900 customers, with more than 1,200 landing gears maintained and overhauled per year, and more than 10,000 equipment components repaired annually
Management and organization
So that our customers have a more comprehensive and streamlined service, our organization is structured into four operational divisions: landing gear and systems integration, wheels and brakes, systems equipment and MRO.
By leveraging highly complementary products and technologies, we are able to take a more holistic approach to the business. Yet each division has its own market focus to provide fully tailored solutions for customers.
Click on the photos to get more information.
Certifications and aviation approvals
Safran Landing Systems holds statutory approvals for all its activities and its production sites.
View all the certificates on the Safran Landing Systems' certificates section
Safran Landing Systems is the World Leader in Landing Gear Systems:
- 27,000 aircraft equipped
- 30 airframers
- More than 900 customers
- Over 60,000 landings per day
- One landing every 1.6 seconds.
Safran Landing Systems is the World Leader in Carbon Brakes:
- Supporting over 515 airlines
- More than 5,500 commercial aircraft equipped
- Over 1,150 military aircraft equipped
- Close to 50% market share for mainline commercial jets with carbon brakes.
Safran Landing Systems is offering Global Solutions for Landing & Braking Systems Equipment:
- 14,000 civil aircraft equipped
- 400 commercial / military aircraft operators
- 50 military and commercial programs
- 15 airframer customers
- Broad ATA32 capability: Braking Control System, Steering Control System, Monitoring Systems and Landing Gear Extension & Retraction System.