Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Company capabilities encompass the full life cycle of our products, ranging from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul. Safran Landing Systems is a partner to 30 leading commercial, military, business and regional airframers, and supports more than 31,200 aircraft making over 73,000 landings every day. The company employs more than 7,800 staff working in locations across Europe, North America and Asia.
- World leader in the design, manufacture and support of landing gear, partnering with more than 30 airframers and 920 customers.
- Systems integration, and systems equipment, including landing systems, steering, braking and monitoring systems (brakes, wheels, landing gear) as well as electric taxiing system, equipping more than 21,000 civil aircraft;
- World leader in carbon brakes, equipping more than 10,300 aircraft in service, and holding more than 55,5% of market share in this segment;
- World leader in landing gear and system MRO, backed by a network of 8 repair stations, servicing more than 900 customers, with more than 1,600 landing gears maintained and overhauled per year, and more than 12,000 equipment components repaired annually
Management and organization
So that our customers have a more comprehensive and streamlined service, our organization is structured into four operational divisions: landing gear and systems integration, wheels and brakes, systems equipment and MRO.
By leveraging highly complementary products and technologies, we are able to take a more holistic approach to the business. Yet each division has its own market focus to provide fully tailored solutions for customers.
Click on the photos to get more information.
Industry, Information Systems, Transformation
Certifications and aviation approvals
Safran Landing Systems holds statutory approvals for all its activities and its production sites.
View all the certificates on the Safran Landing Systems' certificates section
Safran Landing Systems is the World Leader in Landing Gear Systems:
- 27,800 aircraft equipped
- 30 airframers
- More than 1420 customers
- Over 73,000 landings per day
- One landing every 1.1 seconds.
Safran Landing Systems is the World Leader in Carbon Brakes:
- Over 10 300 commercial aircraft equipped
- Over 1 409 military aircraft equipped
- 55,5% market share for mainline commercial jets with carbon brakes.
Safran Landing Systems is offering Global Solutions for Landing & Braking Systems Equipment:
- 21,000 civil aircraft equipped
- 400 commercial / military aircraft operators
- 51 military and commercial programs
- 15 airframer customers
- Broad ATA32 capability: Braking Control System, Steering Control System, Monitoring Systems and Landing Gear Extension & Retraction System.
Gender equality - Safran Landing Systems Rating: 89/100
Criterion No. 1: Difference in average salary between men and women : 39/40
Criterion No. 2: Comparison of the percentage of men and women having received a raise : 20/20
Criterion No. 3: Comparison of the percentage of men and women having received a promotion : 15/15
Criterion No. 4: Whether all women received a raise on returning from a maternity/adoption leave : 15/15
Criterion No. 5: Number of women in the top 10 paying positions : 0/10
According to the French law of September 5, 2018, and its application decree of January 8, 2019, on "Freedom to choose your professional future" (Liberté de choisir son avenir professionnel), companies have to measure five gender equality indicators and publish their overall score. The primary aim of this law is to eliminate compensation discrepancies between men and women. Safran's overall score for all of its companies with more than 50 employees in France is 89/100, which exceeds the targeted threshold of 75 points as defined by the decree. Safran Landing Systems score is 89/100.